Virtual Parents Evenings
We are holding virtual parents’ meetings this half term, which will be a new experience for everyone but it will be good to speak with all parents/carers to discuss how your child has settled back into school, as well as their progress and next steps. You will be able to book your appointment online. The meetings will take place over two weeks so that you can book a convenient time. Information is available below:
How to Book
1. Wait for an invite from the school office, which will be sent to your email address.
2. In the email, click 'Book your time slot'
3. Choose a time slot.
4. Click 'Confirm booking', or if you cannot attend, click 'cannot attend'
If there are no available appointment times, please contact the school office.
How to change your appointment time
Once you have confirmed your booking, you will receive a booking confirmation email.
Use that email to change your booking if you need to. (See bottom of email).
NB All bookings and amendments must be made before booking 'closes'. After that, you will need to telephone the school office.
You will receive an email reminder just before the event.
How to access the parents evening.
1. Go to your child's Google Classroom
IF THESE DON'T WORK, THEN JUST GO TO classroom.google.com instead and it will take you to the correct classroom, when logged on as your child.
2. Make sure you are LOGGED IN AS YOUR CHILD and not as yourself, and not as a sibling from another school! You must be logged in as your child's account, which will look something like email@example.com It's the same account that you used to log in to the daily meet and greet. If you are not logged in as your child, you will not be able to join.
If you have more than one child at our school, please make sure you are logged in as the CORRECT CHILD for the CORRECT CLASS TEACHER.
3. Click on the meet link at the top of the classroom page, or, if you are using the app, click on the camera icon.
** It's just the same way as you accessed the daily meet and greets during lockdown. **
4. You will then be in the 'waiting room' and will be admitted into the meeting as soon as the person before you has left the room. Only one consultation will be held at a time, to keep the meeting private, so please be patient if you are held in the waiting room - it means we are running a little late. We will see parents in the order that times are booked. This is new to us too!
We have been told you can join using more than one device (e.g. one parent from home and one from work) - just log in again using your child's log on.
We have also been told you can join using more than one device (e.g. separated parents joining from separate houses), - just log in using your child's log on.
As this is new, please work with us on any teething problems - if you are not able to access the meeting, please let us know so that we can re-arrange with you.
Please contact the school office if you need any support.