Year 6 - working from home
Keep in touch with your maths learning, by completing the daily activities on the White Rose Home Learning pages.
There will be video lessons published online, with worksheet activities available below.
Summer Term Week 3 - 4th May with video learning
Summer Term Week- 8th June - see below for worksheets to accompany
Summer Term Week- 15th June - see below for worksheets to accompany
Summer Term Week- 22nd June - see below for worksheets to accompany
Summer Term Week- 29th June - see below for worksheets to accompany
Summer Term Week- 6th July Videos - see below for worksheets to accompany
Summer Term Week- 13th July Videos - see below for worksheets to accompany
Worksheets and answers to go with videos for Week 11 and Week 12
Worksheets, questions and answers for Week 10
Questions and answers to go with video learning for 22nd June
Questions and answer sheets to go with video learning from White Rose 15th June 2020
White Rose questions and answer sheets 8th June
White Rose questions and answer sheets 1st June
18th May White Rose worksheets to accompany video lesson
11th May White Rose worksheets to accompany video lessons
4th May - White Rose worksheets to accompany home learning video lessons
National Academy - there are now some online lessons, quizzes and worksheets with explanations on video from teachers. You can find the Y6 lessons here or you can look at the daily timetable here to see what lessons are on today.
We have purchased an English and a maths book for each of our Year 6 children. The books contain a variety of English and maths challenges, at Year 6 level, so that children can continue to complete learning activities whilst at home. Answers are provided.
While school is closed, please keep your brains active by completing some learning each day. We know you will need to make time for playing games and relaxing, (and that's important, too!) but keeping your brain active is also important. Keep flexing your brain muscles!
Why don't you...?
- Start the day with a PE workout with Joe Wicks? See the intro video here...
Starting Monday 23rd March I'm going to be hosting a free workout aimed at kids LIVE on my YouTube channel.
With the schools closed and with us all spending more time at home, it's more important than ever that we keep moving and stay healthy and positive. Exercise is an amazing tool to help us feel happier, more energised, and more optimistic.
The workouts will be fun and suitable for all ages and even adults can get involved.
You don't need any equipment, just tune in to my YouTube channel at 9am each morning for a 30-minute, fun workout.
- Log on to Times Tables Rock Stars and challenge someone to a 'Rockslam!'....maybe even one of your teachers!
- Continue with your 5-a-day maths challenges. Questions and answers are on these pages.
- Complete 20 minutes of your Lexia, if you have a password.
- Go on Purple Mash and complete one of the games, or use a set of the tools to create a game of your own.
- Spend a 15 minute session on My Maths and complete some work on an area that interests you.
- Complete the Home Learning Challenge (see below)...
Home Learning Challenge
Dear Year 6s,
We would like you to choose a topic that is of real interest to you, it might be a place you enjoy going to e.g. London, a sport, a type of animal, a particular book, a person you admire e.g. ‘my Nana’, ‘The Queen’ etc… Absolutely any topic you wish. Make it personal to you and your interests. Choose something you can do internet research on and use books you have at home.
Then we would like you to work on a personal project about that topic which covers different areas of our curriculum.
Start by thinking about what you know about your topic and make a mind map of all the knowledge you currently have.
Next try to think if you can do these challenges:
- Can you find out about a famous person in history or now who is linked to your topic? (History)
- Can you find out about a famous event linked to your topic? (History)
- Can you draw a map to show how your chosen topic is linked to different countries or places? (Geography)
- Can you create a picture about your topic? (Art)
- Can you make a model using junk linked you your topic? (Technology)
- Can you make a fact sheet about your topic? English
- Can you write a story which is inspired by your topic? (English)
- Can you use all of your work to prepare a talk about your topic and could you make a Powerpoint?
To do all of these you will have to read about your topic on the internet and in books and make notes.
You can present your ideas however you want! Be creative, make it look attractive and show pride in your work!
We will make a display of them back at school and share them with everyone else.
When you have finished please repeat your mind map of knowledge and show yourself how much you have learned.
Spread a Little Kindness
The Duchess of Cambridge will lead an online assembly for the Oak National Academy today at 11 am (18.6.20) during which she will speak about the importance of mental wellbeing among children. The theme of the Duchess’ assembly is ‘spread a little kindness’.
Watch the assembly here:
A recording of the assembly will be available to view on the Oak National Academy website following the event.
A Special Assembly
Please join us for an assembly with Ant & Dec! The assembly will help children to understand the huge changes in their lives during the coronavirus pandemic and how important it is to speak about our feelings and thoughts - two things we can all safely share together at this time. Please click on the link to the NSPCC website, which is where you will be able to follow the link and watch the assembly:
One of our Y6 pupils has been busy at home - learning new sewing and design techniques... she is very proud of the things she has made. Well done from us - they look superb!