Our school is all inclusive and we work with many different agencies to support our children to apply for a place at Howitt Primary School. Click on admissions process or contact our SENCO Ellinor Edgeley on 01773 713217.
How will we support your child with identified SEND starting at our school in any year group?
- You will be invited you to visit the school with your child to have a look around and meet the Headteacher and class teacher.
- You will also be invited to an Induction Meeting in which details of your child’s needs are noted, and in which you can ask questions relating to the school.
- If other professionals or outside agencies are involved in supporting your child, a Multi-Agency Team (MAT) meeting may be held to discuss your child’s needs and to share strategies that are used.
- The SENCO and class teacher may wish to liaise with the current setting your child attends if applicable.
- We may suggest adaptations to the transition period to help your child to settle more easily.
- The staff will closely monitor the progress the child makes and discuss this with you.
SEND Information Report 2020-21
Please visit our policies page to read our SEND Policy for further advice and information on transition from year group to year group and from school to school. The report also provides information on how we identify children who need support, how parents are informed and involved and how we support children in school using expertise from outside agencies. Parents are also informed of the monitoring of progress and how we cater for pastoral needs.
If there any complaints relating to the provision for children with SEN or EAL these will be dealt with in the first instance by the class teacher and SENCO, then, if unresolved, by the head teacher. The governor with specific responsibility for SEN may be involved if necessary. In the case of an unresolved complaint the issue should be taken through the general governors’ complaints procedure.
Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service for SEND (Formerly Parent Partnership): 01629 533668
Indpendent Parental Supporters (Umbrella): 01332 785658
Early Help offer
At Howitt Primary Community School we understand that from time to time family life can have its complications and sometimes families may need some extra help. To support and advise you at such times we have an Early Help Offer.
We believe that by working together we can better support children and families. Sometimes families need support from a wide range of agencies or people, for example, health services, housing services, family support workers, social workers and local police.
As a school we may be able to signpost a range of services to support families beyond the educational setting.
The Early Help offer at Howitt
Gifted and Talented Provision