According to the National Curriculum 2014, KS1 children should participate in team games that develop simple tactics for attacking and defending. KS2 children should play competitive games.
Click here to read more about the Physical Education National Curriculum.
To help achieve this, each academic year pupils at Howitt complete in many extra-curricular competitions as part of the Amber Valley School Sport Partnership (AVSSP), including dodgeball, handball, basketball, football and cross country.
Some of our impressive recent achievements include:
- 8 of our amazing KS1 children took part in a football competition at Aldercar High School.
- 7 year 3 and 4 pupils came first in the dodgeball competition, winning every single match with an amazing 27 points!
- 7 KS1 pupils took part in the dodgeball competition at William Gregg Sports Centre.
- 8 KS1 pupils took part in their very first competition which was handball, they were all amazing!
- Pupils who took part in the William Gregg Football Cup are into the semi-finals!
You can find links to all the competitions that children at Howitt have participated, below.
- Sportshall Athletics
- Tag Rugby