Your child's teacher will make you aware if your child has been selected to use Lexia® Core5® Reading. You will have received a letter and your child's username and password will be in their reading records.
What is Lexia Core5 Reading?
Lexia® Core5® Reading is a fun computer-based program, which supports and builds on our classroom curriculum and focuses on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension.
How does Lexia Core5 Reading work?
- If your child is new to Lexia, they will complete a short assessment the very first time that they log in. This will then put them at a starting point that fits his or her needs. They will then work through the online activities throughout the week.
- If your child is continuing with Lexia from their previous year, they will resume the online activities at the level they were on.
- The online activities include direct instruction and feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Progress and performance in the program is reported so teachers can provide help when needed.
- Paper-and-pencil activities are also used for practice and may be done in school or brought home to complete.
- Achievement certificates will be sent home to celebrate success and to show progress in the program.
How to use Lexia® Core5® Reading at home for extra practice?
- To use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com.
- To use Lexia® Core5® on an iPad, iPad mini or Android* tablet, download the free Lexia® Core5® Reading app from the App Store or the Google Play store. *Android support is limited to these devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Google Pixel C and Google Nexus 7" (2012 and 2013) and 10". the app will not work on other devices, including Kindle.
- The first time your child uses Lexia® Core5® , you may need to enter the teacher email shown below. Your child can then log in with the username and password used at school. Your child's username and password can be found on the letter that was sent home and will be in their reading records.
Teacher Email (for setup): firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important that your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school. This way, teachers can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school.
If you have a question about your child’s username or password or about how to use LEXIA at home to support your child's learning, please contact your child’s teacher.